In January, your TWU was the first major organisation to call for the suspension of flights to China in order to prevent the spread of the illness before it reached pandemic proportions.
We’ve also lead the fight to ensure that major employers such as Qantas are held to account so that workers are given the best possible defence against transmission.
Together, we can ensure that every workplace in Queensland is upholding best practice health and safety during this period.
Anyone with any questions relating to what rights they have and what management can do during the Coronavirus outbreak is encouraged to contact their TWU organiser or our main office on 1800 804 533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of Coronavirus related updates from your TWU:
- “Coronavirus: Your Rights at Work” Flyer produced by Maurice Blackburn and TWU (ONLINE) (PDF)
- “Protecting your Safety During an Outbreak” Flyer produced by TWU for members in Passenger Transport (PDF)
- “TWU Calls on Qantas to reinstate worker stood-down over Coronavirus advice given to colleagues” Media Release (Online)
- “TWU to support Bus Drivers refusing to handle cash” Flyer (Online) (PDF)
- “TWU National Secretary calls to support jobs during the crisis” (Video)
TWU letters to PM and Qantas:
Airline/ airport responses to TWU: