This agreement will see a divided yard – you’ll be wearing the same shirt with different rates & different conditions – VOTE NO for a better deal for you, your mates and your family this Christmas!
The Company has rejected your claim
- Wage increase of 4.4% (offering 2 %) – Rejected
- Awards underpin the agreement– (casual rates 25%, overtime (currently 3 hours @1.5 then double) , shift penalties, lunch breaks) – All Rejected.
- Allowances to equal Award minimums and increase – Rejected.
- Casual Conversion/commitment to permanent employment (Bne – have said they will in Bne) – Rejected in the regions!
- Transition to higher classifications and rates of pay for new employee’s – rejected
- No Reduction in existing Terms and Conditions of Employment – Rejected
- Extra Superannuation – Rejected.
- Review of driver classifications – Rejected.
Illegal clause – medical examination;
- In this agreement – the company can request any medical report from a medical examination they request – we believe this is incorrect as it needs to be governed by the FWA act.
What they have taken away or reduced for new employee’s in this agreement;
New shift workers get less;
- Shift work penalties
- No paid meal breaks for shift work
- No paid overtime meal breaks
- Public holiday payments for casuals – no payment – marked for checking as yet not confirmed!
New day workers get less;
- Penalty hours – a wider span of ordinary hours (4:00 am to 8:00 pm – was 5:00am – 8:00pm)
- No late finish allowance (gone – $7.09 per occasion)
New exempted employee’s (staff salaried) classification – these new staff will get no;
- Shift Allowances
- Weekend Penalty Rates
- Freezer Allowance
- Consolidator Half Freezer Allowance
- Cash Collection Allowance
- Annual Leave loading
- Public Holiday Entitlement – where work is performed.
What they have taken away from existing employee’s in this new agreement;
- All overtime meal breaks.
- Show holiday payments – now an annual leave added at the employer’s discretion (250% pay down to 217.5% pay).
What we have saved
- Personal Leave – saved current provisions on evidence and stayed off disciplinary process for “excess leave use.”
- Employee friendly Redundancy matrix – redeployment, VAR, then Compulsory
- 10 hour break or return on double time.