After a long and protracted negotiation, your TWU team have finally reached an in-principle agreement with Cobham NJOS.
The offer is as follows:
- B Scale removed from the agreement.
- 11 hour day removed from the agreement.
- Ongoing escalation – annual increases of 3% per year.
- Sign on bonus offer doubled – Now $1000 for years 1 to 4 and $1500 for year 5 as recognition of the time taken to conclude the deal (was $500 for years 1 to 4 and $750 for year 5).
- Further and in review of back pay, the company will pay from 35 days prior to a yes vote being achieved a sign on bonus amount equal to 3% of the base wages and fixed elements of salary, pro-rated from the effective date to 30 June 2018. Thereafter, the annual increase to apply. This extra amount is expected to be approx. $500 to 550 for crew.
In light of this offer and our acceptance (subject to a crew vote) the TWU legal department has been asked to lodge an application to revoke the current PIA ballot with the Fair Work Commission.
Once the new draft agreement has been received and reviewed we will update you further.
Your TWU negotiation Committee.