The Industrial Registrar has approved the process to be undertaken by the Transport Workers Union of Australia (Queensland Branch) which will be provided to its members employed by Gold Coast City Council.
All financial members of the TWU are invited attend meetings to vote on taking protected industrial action.
In support of reaching a Certified Agreement members will be asked, do you support the taking of protected industrial action which involve one or more of the following taken separately or consecutively?
- Stoppages of work for 1 hours
- Stoppages of work for 2 hours
- Stoppages of work for 4 hours
- Stoppages of work for 8 hours
- Indefinite or periodic bans on overtime
- Indefinite or periodic bans on paperwork
- Indefinite or periodic bans on operating a two-way radio (outside designated council construction sites or queries)
- Indefinite or periodic bans on answering mobile phone calls
- Indefinite or periodic bans on washing trucks
- Indefinite or periodic bans on cleaning asphalt residual build up on/in truck tipper
- The wearing of a TWU hat/cap during work hours.
- Indefinite or periodic bans on emptying/maintaining or cleaning silos
A meeting will be held at 5.30am on Friday 2 June 2017 at the GCCC Carrara Depot.
Members who are unable to attend a meeting can email their views (vote) on the proposed actions to email@example.com – Any email votes must be received by COB Friday the 2nd of June.
If you would like further information please call Michael Meredith on 0407 695 750