Your TWU EBA team (with the other unions) have fought hard in negotiations with SBRC to convince them to offer the following:
A 3 year agreement with wages as follows;
- A “one off payment” of $850 (pro-rata Part-time / Casuals) paid on certification;
- 2.5% wage increase back paid to Jan 2020 to paid on certification;
- 2.5% wage increase effective on the 1stfull pay period in January 2021;
- 2.5% wage increase effective on the 1stfull pay period in January 2022.
- Agreement expiry of 1/1/2023
This new agreement is largely unchanged from the previous which means no reductions in pay or conditions for our members.
Other improvements include;
- Call out increased to 4 hours (up from 2) and better working from home provisions
- 1 off Weatherproof Jacket
- (see your delegates for more info).
REJECTED SBRC CLAIMS AND OTHER MATTERS THAT DID NOT MAKE IT INTO THE AGREEMENT;
- QIRC Arbitration on all employment related matters reinstated as a right);
- LSL is now retained at 1.3 weeks per year of service (not reduced to 8.7).
- No forced redundancy clause kept in the agreement;
- No reduction in any voluntary redundancy provisions;
- Mondays and Fridays retained as the only RDO days (no Wednesdays);
- SBRC will pay for work done at home (no unpaid work);